Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Dude, I'm living in Spain"

¡Hola mi gente!

So today I was sitting at my desk (diligently doing my homework) and I stopped and looked out my window, and I said to myself, "Dude, I'm living in Spain."  It's still hard for me to believe it's all really happening, but here I am.

We started language classes on Monday, which is helping immensely with the Spanish.  In retrospect, it probably would have been a good idea to take a Spanish class last quarter, but alas, I did not and I'm paying for it now.  The first day was definitely overwhelming, but I'm understanding my host mom and dad much better now and I've been speaking a lot more.

They call Cádiz the city that smiles, but I call it the city of plazas and churches.  There seems to be a church and a plaza around every corner.  Thank goodness though, because that's the only way I know how to get anywhere, 'this plaza, then this plaza, then this plaza...'  Don't get me wrong though, I'm still completely confused most of the time.

On the schedule for tomorrow: school, siesta, a talk on gaditano (Cádiz-ian) culture, and then the discoteca! Here's to a memorable day!

¡Salud!
Instagram of a flag in the Plaza de España



*Also, good news--I found a website where I can watch The Bachelor, balance has been restored to my universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment