Monday, February 11, 2013

La Gente Está Muy Loca

¡Hola, amigos!

I don't have much time, but I thought a little catch-up was necessary...

The infamous Cádiz Carnaval is upon us and as Sak Noel says, la gente está muy loca.  I'm not even sure how to describe the spectacle that is Carnaval...it's like Mardis Gras on crack.  It's ike a house party spilled into the streets and just kept raging for a week--but also throw in a dash of art and culture, a heaping spoonful of tradition, and maybe a pinch of political-incorrectness and then you've kind of got the idea.

Not a lot of pictures exist from Saturday night, which was the big kick-off, but I'll leave you with this gem:


Cleopatra (that's me) and Anisa at Pregón, the big kickoff for Carnaval. 
Thanks to Sinead for the glasses.

So here's to getting a little loca with la gente every once in a while!

¡Salud!



PS-In about an hour I'm headed off to Malta for 4 days, where 58 degrees and thunderstorms await us!  Don't worry, I'm not skipping school, Cádiz pretty much shuts down for Carnaval.

No comments:

Post a Comment